Salam Ramadan Kareem
Dear valued ICIFE Members, Associates & Friends,
ICIFE has accorded endorsement to the London Islamic Finance Summer School program. Those members who are interested to participate please register through IIiBF and get a real good discount. Kindly scroll below for details:
LONDON ISLAMIC FINANCE SUMMER SCHOOL
Current policy issues and solutions in Islamic finance
8-12 August 2016 | University Square Stratford, London E15 1NF, UK
Over the 5 days you will hear from key contributors, including:
· Tan Sri Dr Rais Yatim, President, International Islamic University of Malaysia
· Assistant Professor Dr Adam Abdullah, IIUM Institute of Islamic Banking and Finance; Assistant Secretary, International Council of Islamic Finance Educators
· Stella Cox, Managing Director, DDCAP Ltd
· Associate Professor Dr Salina Kassim, Deputy Dean (Research), IIUM Institute of Islamic Banking and Finance
· Harris Irfan, Managing Director, Rasmala plc
· Associate Professor Dr Syed Musa Alhabshi, IIUM Institute of Islamic Banking and Finance; Exco Member, International Council of Islamic Finance Educators
· Richard de Belder, Partner, Dentons
We are also delighted to announce that Professor Lord Patel of Bradford OBE will host a business reception for all participants in Westminster, the heart of British government.
Together we will create an important international exchange on current thinking and advice to governments and regulators and update the global community on live issues in Islamic Finance,making recommendations to banking and finance policy makers and regulators in government around the globe.
The participation of leading organisations and individuals like yourself and your colleagues will make this possible and will enable a powerful exchange and networking event in London.
I would urge you to consider attending or ensuring clients or staff, especially those based in London attend the event, to keep up to date and make an input to the most challenging developments in Islamic Finance.
SPECIAL DELEGATE RATE:
As a friend of the IIUM Institute of Islamic Banking and Finance you and your company are entitled to a special discount rate of £2,000 plus VAT to attend the Summer School, saving you £950 off the regular registration fee.
Islamic Finance plays an ever-growing role in worldwide commerce, development and consumer access to finance. Each year throws up new questions and challenges for leading practitioners in the field and for the academics who research and teach on the principles and mechanisms of Islamic Finance.
This summer school is not a traditional retreat for academic teaching. It is an active platform for questioning, dialogue and discovery of “Current Policy Issues and Solutions in Islamic Finance”.
SUMMER SCHOOL SCHEDULE:
Monday 8th August: Monetary Policy & Stability
Tuesday 9th August: Sukuk – Raising Capital
Wednesday 10th August: Social Finance, Innovations and Inclusion
Thursday 11th August: Marketing Islamic Finance Services
Friday 12th August: Regulation and Governance
SUMMER SCHOOL TOPICS:
- Each day will address a key topic for the practitioners of Islamic Finance
- Each day will be filmed or recorded to disseminate the latest insight around the globe
- Each day will hear from leading scholars from the International Islamic University Malaysia’s Institute of Islamic Banking and Finance (IIiBF), the leading institute at the centre of teaching Malaysian and international bankers and financial practitioners, bringing issues and policy solutions from what is recognised as one of the most developed and fastest growing Islamic finance markets in the world.
- Each day will hear from leading practitioners from the UK, Europe and the Middle, East how Islamic finance is playing a role and finding models for participation in the full range of business, commerce, charity, property and ethical trading in world markets.
- Presentations will be followed by expert panel discussions and then group work examining and proposing ideas for action and models and lessons for examination by regulators, bankers, lawyers, regulators, professional associations and law makers.
We look forward to seeing you or your colleagues in London at the iconic site of the 2012 Olympics at the UEL University Square Stratford.
If you would like further information about the Summer School, please contact me direct or
Dr Adam Abdullah
IIUM Institute of Islamic Banking and Finance (IIiBF)
International Islamic University Malaysia (IIUM)