At the sidelines of the 4th AICIF on 6th-8th December 2016 in Malacca, ICIFE leaders namely Prof Dr Khaliq Ahmad, Dr Hendri Tanjung, Assoc Prof Dr Syed Musa Al-Habshi, Assoc Prof Dr Rusni Hassan, Assistant Prof Dr. Adam Abdullah and Dr Haji Zulkifly Baharom had intensive networking with delegates and speakers that led to ICIFE Secretariat moving into the center stage of AICIF partnerships to provide strategic platform for 5th & 6th conferences in Brunei Darussalam 2017 & Davao City, Philippines 2018.
Further added value of this networking resulted with the establishment of two (2) Chapters as follows:
1. ICIFE Chapter for Central Java, Indonesia led by Dr. H. Bedjo Santoso
2. ICIFE Chapter for Gontor, Indonesia led by Dr. Nurizal Ismail
Concurrently, the Secretariat has accepted four (4) universities as ICIFE Institutional Members namely:
1. Universitas Islam Negeri Sunan Kalijaga Yogyakarta administered by Dr. H. Syafiq Mahmadah Hanafi
2. Universitas Islam Sultan Agung (UNISSULA) administered by Dr. H. Bedjo Santoso
3. Sultan Sharif Ali Islamic University administered by Dr. Abdul Nasir Bin H Abdul Rani
4. Universiti Darussalam (UNIDA) Gontor administered by Dr. Khairul Umam
Presentation of Certificate authorizing the setting-up of ICIFE Chapters and Institutional Members were held during the 4tn AICIF accordingly. Recipients of the Certificates thanked the Secretariat staffers namely Br Firdaus Salleh, Sr Fatimah Yeop & Sr Kamola Bayram for being able to juggle time facilitate presentation of certificate ceremony despite of their full time commitment administering ICIFE Booth.
Mindanao State University in Marawi City, Philippines has been accepted as ICIFE Institutional Member on 31st January 2016 in conjunction with the 2nd Annual General Meeting at Seri Pacific Kuala Lumpur. A strong delegation of eight (8) administrative staffers and academe led by Atty Saaduddin M. Alauya, Jr Vice Chancellor for Administration met with Prof Dr Khaliq Ahmad to discuss way forward organizing one day booster TOT for MSU educators in Manila preceding Bangsamoro Summit 17-18 February 2017.