Terms & Conditions
- ICIFE is an abbreviation for International Council of Islamic Finance Educators which is generally used to address our corporate services.
- E-PAYMENT is ICIFE’s electronic (online payment) facility which enables our customers to purchase ICIFE Books, Publications, membership application or renewal and other
- Services from their desired location utilizing internet connection.
- CUSTOMER is a term used to address our patrons using the e-Payment service/facility.
- TRANSACTION is referred to as the process of purchasing ICIFE Books, Publications, membership application or renewal and other services.
ICIFE is providing this facility as an alternative mode of purchasing ICIFE Books, Publications, membership application or renewal and other services and makes no representations or warranties in any kind, express or implied, with respect to this website or the information, content, products or services included in this site including, without limitation, warranties of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose. In no circumstances shall ICIFE or any of its officers or employees be liable for any loss, costs or damages of any kind whatsoever and howsoever arising suffered as a result of any use of this facility. We may change these terms from time to time without prior notice. Changes will apply to any subsequent transactions.
The Information contained in this website is not comprehensive. Despite our best efforts, it may not be accurate, up to date or applicable to the circumstances of any particular case. We cannot accept any liability for any inaccuracies or omissions (other than fraudulent misrepresentation) in this website and any decisions you make based on information contained in this website are your sole responsibility. Neither ICIFE’s, nor any of its affiliates, agencies and partners accepts liability for any direct, indirect, special, consequential or other loss or damage of whatsoever kind arising out of access to, or the use of this website or any information contained in it.
- Any Books, publication and services purchases via ICIFE online payment is non-refundable and non-changeable.
- There will be a booking fee charged for every successful transaction.
- ICIFE administration(s) Rules are applicable for e-Payment patrons while they are within ICIFE website.
- Booking fee is based on the table shown below:
|Online Payment (FPX) B2C||RM 1.00 Per Transaction|
The copyright in the material on this website belongs to ICIFE or its affiliates and may not be copied or used for personal, non-commercial or commercial purposes, unless otherwise authorized in writing by ICIFE.
Our liability to you
The information contained in this website is not comprehensive. Despite our best efforts, it may not be accurate, up to date or applicable to the circumstances of any particular case. We cannot accept any liability for any inaccuracies or omissions (other than for fraudulent misrepresentation) in this website and any decision you make based on information contained in this website is your sole responsibility. Neither ICIFE, nor any of its affiliates, agencies and partners accept liability for any direct, indirect, special, consequential or other loss or damage of whatsoever kind arising out of access to, or the use of this website or any information contained in it.
Use of This Website
This website is only for your personal, non-commercial use. You are prohibited from using the website for any purpose that is unlawful or which would impair or interfere with the operation or security of the website.
ICIFE may, without any liability to you or any other persons and without assigning any reasons or prior notice, terminate or restrict your use of or access to any part or all of the website at any time.
Any intellectual property subsisting in the material and contents of this website, including but not limited to texts, graphics, layouts, designs, trademarks, trade names and logos belongs to ICIFE and may not be copied or used for personal, non-commercial or commercial purposes, unless otherwise authorised in writing by ICIFE.
Information Provided to Us
What Law Governs This Website?
This written notice serves to inform you that your personal data is being processed by or on behalf of ICIFE. For the purposes of this written notice, the terms “personal data” and “processing” shall have the meaning assigned to them in the Personal Data Protection Act 2010 (hereinafter referred to as the “PDPA”).
Description of your personal data
Your personal data processed by ICIFE includes:-
- your personal details such as name, gender, identification support documents (including NRIC or passport number), date of birth, race, nationality, country, marital status, occupation and contact details (such as current residential or business address, e-mail address, and phone numbers);
- your feedback information gathered from multiple sources such as e-mail, phone and write-in;
- your visits to ICIFE’s Websites – name of internet service provider, the website from which you visit ICIFE Website, the pages and content which you view, the date and duration of your visit, cookies to track usage patterns, etc. from the analytics tools such as Google Analytics and others;
- your personal interests and preferences to help ICIFE design the offering of its products;
- your curriculum vitae or resume when you register your interest in having a service in ICIFE and/or its relevant subsidiary/subsidiaries; and
- Information given voluntarily by you during any on-ground promotions or digital activities, tie-ups, contests, etc.
Purposes for the processing of your personal data
- To verify your identity;
- To communicate with you and deliver information that is requested by you to you and/or, in some cases, is targeted to your interests, such as targeted banner advertisements, administrative notices, product offerings, and communications relevant to your use of ICIFE’s Website, or ICIFE services;
- To process any communication you send to ICIFE (for example, answering any queries, dealing with any complaints and/or feedbacks);
- To notify and/or invite you to events or activities organized by ICIFE, its partners or sponsors;
- To notify you about benefits, changes to the features, promotions, alerts, newsletter, updates, promotional materials and, special privileges;
- To send you festive greetings and related content;
- To run ICIFE’s membership programmes where applicable;
- To establish and better manage any business relationship ICIFE may have with you;
- To help ICIFE monitor and improve its services to you, ICIFE’s customer service teams, ICIFE’s Website and other ICIFE related assets and services, and to facilitate and conduct ICIFE’s staff training and ICIFE’s quality control and audits;
- To conduct marketing activities (for example, market research and surveys);
- To maintain records required for auditing, security, claims and/or other legal purposes;
- To investigate and resolve any related issues or other queries or complaints that you may submit to or raise with ICIFE;
- To investigate, respond to, and/ or defend claims made against, or involving ICIFE;
- For compliance with and/or any purposes required by any relevant law, directives, guidelines, orders, rules, regulations and requirements of any governmental or statutory authority or administrative or regulatory or supervisory body (including disclosure thereunder);
- To process and facilitate any payment and transactions with ICIFE including the purchase of modules, books and other products or services from ICIFE; and
- In a situation where you have applied for a job with us via ICIFE’s Website, to evaluate your suitability for the position applied for at ICIFE, for the general record keeping purposes of the Human Resource Department as well as for other purposes relating or incidental to employment with ICIFE, whether or not you are subsequently employed and any other purposes relating or incidental to any of the above.
Source of your personal data
Your personal data is collected directly from you when you:-
- interact and communicate with ICIFE at any of its events or activities;
- communicate with ICIFE whether through email, phone, ICIFE’s Website or ICIFE social media such as Facebook, Twitter, Linked In and Instagram as well as other forms of communication;
- register or subscribe for a specific service or publications of ICIFE (for example, newsletter, bulletin or ICIFE membership registration);
- participate in any of ICIFE’s surveys, polls or other similar vehicles used to improve the content of ICIFE’s Website or used for ICIFE’s marketing purposes;
- enter or participate in any competitions, contests or loyalty programmes organized by ICIFE;
- register your interest and/or request for information through ICIFE’s Website, online portals or other available channels;
- respond to any marketing materials that ICIFE sends out;
- visit or browse ICIFE’s website and any other ICIFE owned platforms;
- lodge a complaint with ICIFE; and
- provide feedback to ICIFE (for example via ICIFE’s website or in hard copy).
- other than the personal data obtained from you directly as stated above, ICIFE may also obtain your personal data from third parties which ICIFE deals with or are connected with you, and from such other sources where you have given your consent for the disclosure of your personal data and/or where otherwise lawfully permitted.
You have the following rights in relation to your Personal Data:-
- to make a data request in writing to ICIFE for information of your personal data that is being processed by or on behalf of ICIFE (Section 30(2) of PDPA);
- to correct any of your personal data which is inaccurate, incomplete, misleading or not up-to-date (Section 34(1) of PDPA) ICIFE’s website by completing the Personal Data Update Form and emailing it to ICIFE at email@example.com;
- to limit the processing of your personal data including the personal data relating to other persons who may be identified from your personal data (Section 7(1)(f) of PDPA); and
- to request for your personal data to be removed from ICIFE’s database.
If you have any request in relation to the above mentioned rights or any inquiries or complaints in respect of your personal data, please contact:
+ (6)03 – 6196 4694
Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
ICIFE may refuse to comply with your data access request under the circumstances specified in the PDPA and if ICIFE does so, ICIFE will inform you of its refusal and the reason(s) for its refusal.
Class of third parties to ICIFE may disclose your personal data
This is the class of persons to whom ICIFE may disclose your personal data:-
- Third party service provider(s) for the provision of administrative, communications, payment, event management, security, information technology (IT), data processing or other services to ICIFE.
- Any third party or company that ICIFE engages or appoints to conduct statistical analysis;
- ICIFE’s business partners in relation to any products offered by ICIFE or the said business partner.
- Lawyers for the enforcement of ICIFE’s legal rights; and
- Such other authorities, bodies or parties when required by law.
- Your Personal Data is collected and processed to provide you with ICIFE services and to facilitate the Purposes pursuant to your request. Such recipients of your Personal Data are contractually prohibited from using Personal Data for any purpose other than for the purpose ICIFE specifies.
- Unless otherwise specified, it is obligatory for you to supply ICIFE with your personal data and your failure to do so will result in ICIFE being unable to process your personal data for any of the purposes.
- You will take reasonable steps to ensure that your personal data is accurate, complete, not misleading and kept up-to-date (Section 11 of PDPA).
Security of your personal data
ICIFE, when processing your personal data, takes practical steps to protect your personal data from any loss, misuse, modification, unauthorized or accidental access or disclosure, alteration or destruction including but not limited to the use of procedural and technical safeguards such as encryption, “firewalls” and secure socket layers. If you are aware of any security breach, please let us know as soon as possible.
However, “perfect security” does not exist on the internet, so ICIFE does not give an absolute assurance that your personal data that you provide to ICIFE will be secure at all times, and ICIFE will not be responsible for any event arising from unauthorised access to or theft of your personal data. ICIFE will not be held responsible for events arising from third parties gaining unauthorised access to or third parties’ theft of your personal data.
Retention of your personal data
Inconsistency or conflict
In the event of any inconsistency or conflict between the English language version and the Bahasa Malaysia version, the English language version shall prevail.
Links to other websites
Usage tracking and Log Files
ICIFE’s web server automatically collects information on your domain type, browser used and your IP address for statistical purposes only, which will be used to improve the content of the ICIFE Website and not sold to other organizations for any purpose.
As with most other websites, ICIFE collects and uses the data contained in log files. The information in the log files include your IP (internet protocol) address, your ISP (internet service provider), the browser you used to visit the ICIFE’s Website, your screen resolutions and number of colours, the time you visited the Website and which pages you have visited throughout the ICIFE’s Website.
Processing of Personal Data
Your Personal Data may be transferred to another country as part of the processing of Personal Data. The jurisdictions in which the Personal Data or information is processed may or may not have laws to regulate the privacy of personal data, however, whenever your Personal Data is transferred by ICIFE and/or ICIFE third party service providers, ICIFE will use its best endeavour to ensure that your Personal Data is processed in accordance with the terms and conditions of this Policy